How to show Status widget on specific WordPress pages
Here are the steps to easily add Status widget on specific WordPress pages.
Step 1: Copying Status widget tag
On your Status account dashboard, find and copy the Status widget tag.
Step 2: Installing 'Code Embed' Plugin
- Install 'Code Embed' plugin to your WordPress website in order to convert the Status widget tag into a shortcode.
- Head over to WordPress > Plugins > Add New.
- On the search box type in 'Code Embed'.
- Click on 'Install Now' button to install the plugin.
- Click on 'Activate' button to activate the plugin.
Step 3: Creating and Adding the Shortcode to Specific Content
Once the plugin is already installed and activated, the next step is to convert the Status widget into a shortcode.
- Navigate to the 'edit' view of a Post or a Page that you want to show the Status Widget.
- Ensure that the 'Custom Fields' is enabled in the 'Screen Options' tab located at the top right menu.
- Locate the 'Custom Fields' accordion drop-down box by scrolling down the Post or Page content editor.
- In the 'Name' field, give your shortcode a name.
- In the 'Value' field, paste the Status Widget tag you copied from step 1.
- Click on the 'Update' button to save the changes. After you've successfully created a shortcode, you can now add it to a Post/Page.
- Scroll back up to your Post/Page content editor.
- Paste the shortcode to the Post/Page content between the '%' percentage signs.
- Save the Post/Page content.