How do space-wide applets differ from invite-only applets?
All users of team applets have the same attributes: both "Submit" and "View".
- Team applets' users are all your team members by default.
- Team members will only need to accept the invitation to your team. After that, they will instantly get access to all team applets.
- All data (such as applet description, records, discussions, files) is visible and accessible by anyone invited to your team.
- Team applet will be visible on your participants' Timeline, under your space.
- If you setup cadence settings for a team applet, all team members will receive regular reminders to fill in the form and submit it.
Example: Manager John created "Weekly Reports" team-wide applet. He set up reminders on Fridays.
John: will receive weekly reminders to submit an update, will be able to write comments to teammates' updates, will be able to view reports from all team members, as well as team members will also read weekly updates shared by their supervisor John.
Team member: will receive weekly reminders, will be able to write updates, will read what other team members contributed. Also every team member will be able to view and write comments to each others updates and will see comments by John addressed to his/her updates.
Such applets are not visible to your team members by default.
Different participants will have different permissions: someone can have both "Submit" and "View" attributes, someone can have "Submit" attribute only and someone can have "View" attribute only.
- All data (such as applet description, records, discussions, files) is visible and accessible only by those users with the "View" attribute.
- People with the "Submit" attribute but without the "View" attribute will not be able to view records added by other participants. Also they won't view other participants with "Submit" attributes in the Participants section.
- Invite-only applet participants may need to confirm their participation to every applet you invite them to.
- Only those with the "Submit" attribute will receive regular reminders (if cadence has been setup).
- Those with the "View" attribute will not receive regular reminders. Still they can add comments.
Example: Manager John created "One-on-ones" applet and added team members with "Submit" but not "View" permissions. He set up reminders on Fridays.
Also John added himself and his supervisor Olivia without "Submit" but with "View" attributes.
John and Olivia: won't receive weekly reminders to fill in the form; will be able to write comments to teammates' updates; will be able to view all records added by all team members.
Team member: will receive weekly reminders; will be able to fill in the form, but won't be able to view what other team members submitted. Also every team member will be able to view comments by John and Olivia only if addressed to his/her own records.